Hempen or hemp rope is popular all around the world for its many uses. You can use it for string art, crafts, scrapbooking, macrame, and to make hemp jewelry. The rope is made out of a fiber from the abaca plant. This fiber is sometimes used to make strong paper as well.
The reason why hempen ropes are preferred is because they are strong and durable. They are even resistant to mold and light. This means that these ropes will not break down after a while or rot like cotton does. These ropes will stay strong through time.
Now, if you are wondering where to buy good hempen rope, you have come to the right place. We have curated a list of the best options to buy this super-strong rope. Let’s take a look!
Best Hempen Rope
We are going to jump right in without wasting any time.
1. KINGLAKE 100% Natural Thick Hemp Rope Cord
The KINGLAKE hemp rope cord is available in 2 thicknesses – 5mm and 6mm. You may choose based on the purpose. Below are a few more things you should know:
- It is a 3-ply jute rope made to be highly durable and strong.
- Its medium thickness makes it an ideal choice for crafts, home décor projects, DIY gift wrapping, etc. You can also make a scratching post for your cat from it.
- The length of the rope is 20 meters, which is long enough for most purposes, especially crafts and gift wrapping.
- It is available in various colors such as black, red, and green besides the regular brown. This means that you can add some spark to your home décor by picking any other color.
2. 100% Natural Jute Rope – Hemp Cord
This is a ½-inch hemp rope made to serve various purposes, especially those related to crafts and décor. We have given a few more details below:
- The diameter is 0.5 inches while the total length of the rope is around 49 feet.
- It is made out of 4 jute ropes twisted to form one cord. This makes it flexible and sturdy at the same time.
- The manufacturers have used only high quality fibers to ensure durability.
- You can use the hemp rope for decoration, gardening, hanging baskets, landscaping, sports, etc.
- It is an air-dried rope that has no smell or greasy texture.
- It has almost no burrs, making it safe even for kids.
3. 100% Natural Jute Rope – Hemp Rope
If you don’t need an extremely long rope but are looking for something sturdy, this one from YUZENET won’t disappoint. Below are the reasons why we think you will like it:
- This is a 20-feet long rope with a diameter of ½ inch.
- It is 100% eco-friendly, and has been made out of superior quality jute.
- It is weather-resistant, flexible, and durable.
- The rope goes through a special process during manufacturing to remove the hard burrs, black spots, and oiliness.
- You can use it with the utmost ease for DIY projects, home décor, and gardening. It is strong enough to be used for balcony rails as well.
4. Twisted Manila Rope – Natural Hemp Rope
Do you need a lot of rope for a variety of projects? If yes, pick up this Twisted Manila Rope! It is 100-feet long and has a thickness of ¾ inches. Here are more details:
- It is an all-weather hemp rope made for landscaping, nautical applications, crafts, swings, etc.
- It is a 4-strand Manila rope, twisted to be strong and flexible.
- It has no burrs or black spots.
- The rope is treated to remove greasiness as well.
- It is made of natural jute fibers that are safe for kids as well.
5. Aoneky Jute Rope – Twisted Hemp Rope
The Aoneky Jute Rope is available in various lengths and thicknesses. This means that if you like this rope, you can choose from a variety of options. Let’s look through what it has to offer so that it is easy for you to decide whether to buy it:
- It is a rustic and strong rope made for gardening, landscaping, crafts, and related activities.
- The flexible rope is capable of holding heavy weights, making it a good choice for outdoor applications as well.
- It has been made with 4 strands, twisted together.
- It can withstand harsh weather conditions. It is also resistant to moisture.
- The rope has been treated to be soft and without burrs.
We consistently receive questions about the hemp rope and its uses, which is why we have included the FAQ section here. Read on and find all the answers to common questions:
How strong is hemp rope?
The tensile strength of a hemp rope is around 1,215 lbs. The use of manila hemp makes it so strong.
Are hemp ropes durable?
Oh, yes! Hemp ropes are known for their durability, strength, flexibility, and resistance to harsh weather conditions.
Is hemp rope waterproof?
Yes, hemp rope is waterproof.
Is hemp rope stronger than nylon?
Yes, it is. Some even consider hemp rope to be the strongest rope in the world.
How long will hemp rope last outside?
Depending on the weather conditions in a particular location, you can expect it to last around 8 years.
Which is stronger – twisted or braided rope?
Braided rope is usually stronger than twisted rope. However, for DIY and craft projects, twisted ropes are strong enough.
Is hemp rope cheaper than cotton?
No, it isn’t. It is more expensive to produce than cotton, which is why it is priced higher.
We hope this article helped you understand the best options available for hemp rope. If you have any doubts, please do not hesitate to get in touch via comments.